I always joke that when I am going to work, on a trip or even to the grocery store that I am moving in! For whatever reason I am not the girl who just carries everything in that tiny card holder on the back of an iPhone. I can’t do it- I need to have my giant tote bag, which houses my smaller purse and everything else I reach for on a daily basis. Seriously, when I leave for work each morning it’s almost laughable how many items I bring with me. But, your girl is prepared for anything and EVERYTHING! Hungry? Here’s a snack! Have headache? Here’s an Advil. Need to wash your hands on the go? Here’s some hand sanitizer. Being unprepared is a feeling I dislike very much. Therefore, I organize my tote bag as a mini survival kit! Because I’ve just learned over the years, you’d rather be safe than sorry (mostly pertaining to snacks haha). Here’s what I make sure my bag is stocked with on a day to day basis:
- My Purse– That’s right, I carry a bag inside a bag haha. I like to keep it this way as my wallet, lipstick case and anything else important has it’s own home within my big bag. This allows me to reach for exactly what I need and not have to dig for my wallet in the depths of the larger tote bag.
- Little Black Bag of Essentials– This little black zipped pouch is my lifeline. I stock it to the brim with snacks (and more snacks), medicine, bandaids, gum, mints, headphones, hand sanitizer, chapstick and a comb. I intended to use this pouch only while traveling but overtime decided to keep it in the bottom of my bag. Its proven to be very helpful. Not only for myself but to help others as well! I can’t tell you how many times someone has popped their head into the store I work in asking for a bandaid- and I have one. It’s a simple way to help someone in need even if through a bandaid!
- Planner & Notebook (and a pen, of course) – I carry my planner and a notebook with me everywhere. I write everything down so keeping my planner and a notebook with me at all time helps me stay organized, gives me the ability to schedule appointments on the go and write down any ideas that come to me. I don’t use my phone calendar or note section at all. Call me old fashioned but there’s nothing I love more than writing things down- it’s the only way I can remember them all!
- Umbrella– Living on Florida’s Gulf Coast, there’s always a chance of rain. It can be the most beautiful day and then a storm will roll in off the water and pour for a few minutes or even hours without warning. I keep a miniature umbrella like this one in the bottom of my bag and I honestly don’t even notice it’s there until I really need!
- Water Bottle– I drink water all day long. If I don’t, I get extreme headaches so I make sure to stay hydrated (and munch on snacks every few hours haha). If I forget a water bottle, I have to stop and grab one no matter the amount of time I’ll be out and about that day.
All of this and that doesn’t even include my lunchbox on workdays, my Rebel & Tiger bag if I am traveling with the dogs and the list goes on. I really can’t imagine what I’ll do someday when I have a baby in tow! I might as well just pack a rolling suitcase and call it a day! Are there any items that you can’t live without on a daily basis? Let me know in the comment section below.
Thanks for reading today. I hope you have a great Monday!