Although the past two days haven’t reflected spring-like weather (hello chilly winds and rain) here in the panhandle, March is traditionally beach season. I know I certainly can’t complain with blizzards essentially shutting down the Northeast so I will not! But the good news for everyone is that warm weather is on it’s way so we should prepare! Luckily, Mack and I have had the privilege to enjoy a few pool and beach days over the past few weeks so I already have some items that I can’t leave the house without! Here are some fun picks that I think we can all use going into the spring and summer:
- Scalloped Swimsuit– Okay! Who doesn’t love some scallops? This swimsuit is on it’s way to me in the mail as we speak and I can’t wait for it to arrive! I just love that it’s simple and feminine. When I saw it online, I knew it had to be mine as I love scalloped detail on anything- tops, purses and now… my swimsuit!
- Convertible Cover Up– This black cover up features an off the shoulder cut and bell sleeves. I think it’s great for a beach day turned drinks on the patio type day! Even better though, I love that it can also be styled with some white skinny jeans and wedges for a dinner out! It doesn’t look like a cover up per say, and that’s why I like it best!
- Statement Slides– I have this simple pair of slides currently and I wear them from walking the dogs to work with a maxi dress. This season, I want to step up my slide game a little bit and add some embellishments.
- Striped Towel– If I am being honest, our current beach towels are from a fundraiser that I attended a few years ago. Functional, yes. Cute, ehh. Since we live by the beach I want to invest in some adorable beach towels in an assortment of pastel colors. I think these are a good start!
- Herschel Backpack– Due to the fact that Mack and I basically always ride our bikes to the beach, a big tote is kinda out of the question. This backpack is adorable, holds everything we need and allows me to ride my bike without a bag hitting my knee along the way as I peddle.
- Water Bottle– Anyone who knows me will tell you that I drink water all day, everyday! It’s no surprise that for a day out in the sun, my water bottle is the item that I triple check is packed. I found this one the other day and think it’s so cute. It reminds me of something I would have been obsessed with when I was like seven so the nostalgic side of me needs this to use all season long.
This will be our first summer in which we won’t have to drive to go to the beach! I know it sounds silly but getting in the car to fight for a parking spot used to be enough to deter us. But we are so excited to spend the season walking or biking to the beach as often as we can. I apologize in advance for all the beach photos and wave boomerangs that are going to be on my Instagram in the coming months haha.
Thanks so much for reading today! Have a great Wednesday!